Body scrub benefits and everything else you need to know
A body scrub removes dead skin cells, increases blood circulation and cleanses skin through exfoliation. Also known as body polish,it consists of a liquid base with exfoliating granules which slough off dead skin when you massage it over your body.
This action boosts blood circulation and drains your lymph nodes by increasing the blood flow to your skin’s surface. Sugar, salt and walnut shell powder are popular exfoliating components in natural body scrubs as they are abrasive enough to scrub skin but gentle enough to not damage it.
One must include this treatment in their skin care routine as it is essential for one to maintain soft, smooth and healthy skin.
What Happens During a Body Scrub?
- Before you start, you need to lie face-down on a massage table covered with a towel, sheet or a thin piece of plastic.
- The therapist will then gently rub the body exfoliator on your back, behind your arms, and behind your legs and feet.
- Once the back of your body is done, this process is repeated on the front of your body. When the therapist is finished, you need to shower to rinse off the product.
- Try avoiding the use of shower gel as it’s good for your skin to absorb oils from the product
Benefits of a body scrub
- Skin Rejuvenation
- As body scrubs remove dead skin and impurities, they leave your skin feeling soft and revitalized. This is especially important in rough areas like elbows and knees.
- Prevents Ingrown Hair
- The exfoliating action of the scrub helps prevent ingrown hair and makes hair removal easier.
- Younger Looking Skin
- Exfoliating dead skin cells removes dullness from skin and increases blood circulation. Thus, getting a body scrub regularly will help make your skin look more vibrant and youthful.
- Moisturizes Your Skin
- Exfoliation opens up your pores which allows easy absorption of moisturizer into it
- Stress Relief
- Scrubbing has a relaxing feeling which helps relieve stress.